Pages

Monday, February 6, 2012

Indonesian Traditional Dance

 Hello ^^/

So, "indonesian traditional dance"? Yep. Last december, my school made some like dance festival. The theme is "Setitik Cinta untuk Kebudayaan Indonesia". And it was performaced by the third grades. So, i was just watching~ Want to see it?


The first performance is "Merak Dance" from West Java. So, there are nine "merak", but one of them was arrogant. They were playing, but the arrogant "merak" was left alone. She was sad and she promised that she won't be arrogant again. :)




The second one is the dance from Kalimantan, performanced by 12 exact 1. There's my friend's brother. haha, I laughed when i see him *sorry Dita*. Just see it~



The third performance is the dance from East Java, it's the story about the life in there. What the womans do, shopping(i mean buy groceries in traditional market), washing clothes...



The next one is "Kecak Dance" from Bali. maybe some of you already know. Because it's somewhat popular. Yeah, there's the dancer, and the drama about Sinta a princess and Rama, her husband. Soon, there's Rahwana, bad people who want to kidnap Sinta. So, Rama battled Rahwana, helped by a monkey, Hanoman. And Rama won the battle and saved her Sinta :3 Yes, I love it~ And they got "the best performance"

Kecak dancers. Cak cak cak cak~

Beautiful Princess Sinta ;)

Rahwana kidnapped Sinta

Rama and Hanoman vs. Rahwana

Rama and Hanoman won the battle~
The fifth is the story about "Malin Kundang" Padang. You know, it's a story about a poor family, Malin and her mother. Malin wanted to be rich so he went to town. He became rich and had beautiful wife. When he went to his mother's house, he won't tell that she is his mother. Because he thought that he'll be humiliated if his mother was a poor woman. And his mother cursed him to a rock~ And there's the "Piring Dance" or "Plate Dance".

Malin turned into stone :"
Sixth... "Sinanggar Tulo" from Batak! Hahaha, *singing* Sinanggar tulo, tulo a tuloooo~




Seventh is "Cindai" from melayu~ I almost dance when I heard that song that time. But, I realized that they should dance, not me :p



Next is "Bambu Gila", in English that would be "Crazy Bamboo". Crazy? haha, it's actually a traditional game in Indonesia. Kids used to play it, and it was fun :D
They danced first

See? It's the bamboo!
Ninth is... ooh, very interesting! It's actually a traditional "Betawi" way to proposed a woman to get married. I'll tell you. First, at the woman's house firecrackers will be turned on(I don't know what you supposed to do to turned on the firecrackers in English xD). And there will be "pantun fight" between the man and the woman's house "guard". Then after the guard lost (actually, he MUST lose), a battle of the man and the other guard using "real" weapons. And, "arak-arakan" or "parade"~
The Firecrackers

The Man's team and the women's house guard team

Battle between man and guard

The parade


They danced after the parade
Tenth! I forgot what the name and where's this dance from. Hehe, so sorry. But, I think it's from Kalimantan...





And the eleventh is... I'm sorry. I forgot it, it's december guuuuys :"( They used fan, and they moved SLOWLY. Like really really really slow



LAAAAAST! I remember the most, because it's really obvious. Dance from Papua :D
If you squint, there will be a wet spot. It was really hot back then,
and they braught water and splash it on the field XD



So, that is all. I'm so happy and excited when I watched it. And I felt like shaking in every beat of the song they sang and played :")

See you in the next post.
♥, me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment